Monday 15 July 2013

Monday Makes

What a hectic few weeks I've had!  With getting organised for the boy coming over to visit, the blog has been neglected, but I'm back now :)

I'm still plodding along with the Summer Stitching Club.  I love how easy it is to catch up when I "miss" a week.  Here's what I've done so far:


With the first four patterns completed, I stitched the hexagons into rows, ready for the next row of four patterns.  I still have to join them vertically, which I'm slighty panicking about - I always get like this when I do something I've never tried before.  Hopefully I won't mess it up!


The next pattern was this cute picnic basket.  I'm not sure that mine looks right compared to some of the others that have been shared.  But I still like it.


And last Monday's pattern, the snow cone.  I think this might be one of my favourites!

So, with that pattern done, I am now officially half way through the project!  We get another pattern today, with only a hint that it's going to be food related.  Food, summer, beach....hmmmm, maybe a glass of some kind of summery drink?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are using fabrics that look like the beach and ocean to accent your stitched hexies!

    Good guess on the summery drink!

    The snow cone is one my favourites, as well!

    I have fallen a little behind, as well, but I plan to catch up this week! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing how everyone is progressing. Excited about the thought of an Autumn one too!

    ReplyDelete