Saturday 9 June 2012

Derby round up

Last night I got to wear in my new Poisons! :D And wow, did I get a work out. We did two endurance sessions - the first being sprinting with skills in between (like jumping :D), the second being shopping trolleys. I found myself getting lower than I usually skate, which is good, means more speed. However, my back hated me for it! I'm sure I'll get used to them, hopefully before Belfast, lol. I also managed a Dusty Bluebells without falling! It wasn't until I was talking to the wifey after training that I realised I hadn't fallen. I don't know why, but for some reason, that seemed to be my nemesis. Always near the end, my legs would just seem to go like jelly and down I'd go. I won't contribute it completely to the new wheels, I'll say I've improved my skills too xD.
We also did some positional blocking, which to be honest, outside of a pack, I just don't seem to do so well with. It's not very accurate, we were only doing it in pairs, but I understand why we practice it that way. As with everything else, it's like a jigsaw puzzle. And when I get into scrims, it all just clicks into place.
Still having issues with numb feet, which was really bad last night. So I've taken some advice and added two sets of laces to my skates - the set at the bottom being more lose so I'm not cutting the circulation off to my toes! Fingers crossed this works!


No comments:

Post a Comment